These simple pizzas make a quick and delicious meal. You can taste various flavors of packaged hummus in this recipe —red pepper hummus seems to be the favorite.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (8-inch) pita rounds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, red (small), sliced thin
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Brush 2 tablespoons oil over top and bottom of pita rounds. Transfer to baking sheet and bake until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Toss onion, olives, and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette together in separate bowl.
- Spread 2 tablespoons hummus on each toasted pita round. Sprinkle cheeses evenly over hummus, then top with onion mixture. Bake until onions soften and cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes. Just before serving, toss arugula with remaining vinaigrette. Arrange arugula on top of pita pizzas. Serve.