- 1 entire chicken breast, with bones but without skin
- ¼ medium white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled1 tbsp of salt
- 5 Guajillo chiles
- 10 red Ancho chiles
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 rolls of bread
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mix thyme, marjoram, oregano
- ½ cup of chocolate, cut in pieces
- 4 tbsp lard
- 10 almonds
- 10 raisins
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/8 medium white onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, cooked
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Cook the chicken in 4 cups of water, with garlic, onion, and salt on medium heat for 45 minutes. Check to make sure that the chicken is cooked through.
- Wash the chiles with a damp cloth, remove the stems of the chiles, slit open with a knife and remove the seeds and veins. Toast the chiles on both sides in large frying pan over high heat, making sure that they do not burn.
- Soak the chiles in boiling water to soften them for about 10 min. Meanwhile, fry the almonds in the lard at medium heat for 5 min., or until they are a golden color.
- Take them out and set aside.
- Next fry the raisins until they puff up and the skin browns a bit, then remove and strain in a sieve. Turn the heat down a bit, and fry the sesame seeds in the same oil, adding salt to prevent them from jumping from pan.
- Once golden, remove and store on an absorbent paper towel. Still in the same oil, fry the slices of bread, until they are golden. Remove and put on an absorbent paper towel. On a dry pan or skittle roast the garlic, onion, and tomato until they are nicely toasted with black spots.
- In a blender, grind the chiles with a half cup of water. Once the mixture is smooth, pour into a saucepan and fry with one tbsp of the lard for 10 min. on medium heat. Stirring occasionally to ensure that it does not stick to the pan.
- Next, blend both the roasted and fried ingredients together, until smooth. Blend the tomatoes and strain through a colander and add to the chile mixture. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add the chicken broth, salt, sugar, and chocolate. Cool for 15 min. on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Pour the chicken in the cazuela, serve with rice.