- 8 cups chicken stock (homemade is best, but you can use canned)
- 4 carrots
- 2 small zucchini
- ½ lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes (or one 16 ounces can of chopped tomatoes)
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (or one 16 oz. can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 chilis chipotle, either dried or canned
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 avocados
Cut the carrots and zucchini into bite-sized chunks. Slice the green beans in half. Peel and seed the tomatoes, and cut into chunks. Bring the stock to a gentle simmer.
Add the carrots, green beans, and tomatoes. Simmer together for ten minutes, and add the zucchini and garbanzos. Heat for another ten minutes, until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
Drop in the chilis, and let simmer for five more minutes. Remove the chilis from the broth, and slice into strips. Peel and dice the avocado. Have a bowl ready for each diner.
Into each bowl, spoon some rice, some chicken, some avocado, and a few strips of chili.
Ladle the broth and vegetables over the other ingredients.